Saturday 16 January 2016

Being in the light, before I can see the sun

It's Jan 8, 2016 and I am sitting in the darkness of the early morning, (on a beach in Mexico to be exact).  I have been abundantly blessed with a week of vacation with Mike, Paula, Derek, little miss Holly, Kaitlyn and Tanner.

I got up early this morning as I wanted to watch the sun rise over the ocean.  At 6:30 am it is still dark.  I sit quietly; listening to the waves, listening to my heart, seeking my Lord's presence.  Striving to be in the moment, not reviewing the past, not planning the future, just sitting in the here and now.

This is what I wrote:

I sat in the dark.  I could not make the light come.  I could only wait, staying aware.  There were steps. At first looking out over the ocean I could only see darkness.  In time I realized I could see where the beach sand met the ocean water.  Some definition.  Then more clouds became available to my sight and a sliver of moon.  They had been there all the time.  It's not that they just arrived, but my ability to see them changed as the light arrived.  And yet, I could not tell where the light came from.  It just was.  Now it is fully light and yet, still, I don't see the sun.  But I do see it's effects in the view in front of me.

In time, a glorious red ball of sun rose up over the horizon and into the sky.  It was just as beautiful as I had anticipated.  And yet, it is the lesson of the light that I think was the reason I was on the beach that morning.

feeling such abundant grace, love and gentleness around me,
with peace and hope,
God Bless,
Teresa







No comments:

Post a Comment