Wednesday 24 December 2014

Last Time Round (my poem)

Last Time Round

It's on my heart, all the time,
I think it almost every other second.
It's not a weight bearing down,
more like a balloon that lifts me,
a bit higher than I was on my own.

Do you see it floating there just above me?
Did you know you have the same balloon?
Just maybe you don't see it,
don't feel it's tug.
maybe you covered it up, but it's still there.

What if this is the last time?
This is the thought that is with me
every moment in all I do
and it's a gift from God, this thought,
like a balloon that tugs at me.

my last time to wrap a gift to give,
my last time to prepare a meal for those I love
Like a carnival ride that is closing down
this is the last time round folks.
Now how good is the ride?

You know the ride will circle around,
at least a few more times.
But you've heard the call,
last time round....
It will stop, sometime soon.

Now how do the trees look, blowing in the breeze?
Will you notice the clouds white in the blue sky,
the child laughing behind you, the father beside.
The sun, it warms your face
and your heart swells as you breath it all in deep.

Did the ride become so much more
when you heard the words last time round.
Now will you let the thought,
"what if this is the last time",
be the balloon that lifts you a bit more.

Teresa Bell
6:30am Christmas Eve Day 2014






1 comment:

  1. o boy, you are a poet. All the best Teresa, and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete