Thursday 6 December 2012

Sharing our stories



"When you stand and share your story in an empowering way, your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody else." - Iyanla Vanzant



 “Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.”  -  Melody Beattie

This evening I was given a gift; a reminder of the power of sharing your story and speaking from your heart.  I was asked to speak at an event celebrating International Day of the Volunteer. I have never been a keynote speaker before and to be honest was feeling quite overwhelmed by the responsbility.  However, when I arrived a couple of special ladies made a point of making me feel comfortable and competent.  I decided then and there not to think of it as a speech, but instead as just having a chat with some good friends.  I shared some of my story and as I looked into the eyes of those listening I realized yet again that we are all yearning to connect with each other.  And we connect when we share our stories.  

There is an amazing organization, the Liddy Shriver Foundation, that provides the best support in the way of information, resources and research in the world of Sarcoma cancer.  This organization is encouraging those touched by Sarcoma to share their story on the website.  I would encourage you to spend some time exploring their website www.SarcomaHelp.org  

Here is where my story resides:
 http://sarcomahelp.org/stories/liposarcoma-teresa.html

Stories being shared at Sarcoma Step and Fetch 2012



1 comment:

  1. As always, your story touches my heart, as it does so many others. Thank you for being you, that remarkable lady that we all know and love.

    ReplyDelete