Wednesday 24 July 2013

Where I have been these past months...

...it's been a long time since I posted...sorry to have been so absent...I was carried away living life!  It's been a whirlwind of good things since my radiation treatment in February.  Since then I have had a family holiday in the sunny south which is always a great thing to do in the winter, and it was even more sweet this year as I had been away for 2 weeks for the radiation in Montreal.  I just loved having the down time to hang with my family.  Next there was the fulfillment of a life long goal - I joined a the Sask Haiti Medical team for mission work - you can read the team blog at http://saskhaitimedicalteam.blogspot.ca and to tell you what it meant to me personally deserves a blog post all on its own.

Serving in Haiti, what a blessing in my life.
I loved, just loved, being able to spend a few moments with each patient.
Mike and I dressed for Church in Haiti

 Then there was the event every Mom dreams, the marriage of my oldest daughter.  The wedding took place June 22, and it's was a personal event so I won't post much of the details, but I do want to share how incredibly, powerfully grateful I am to have experienced this day.  When having cancer is poking around in your mind you wonder if you will get to be a part of these kinds of life moments, just an example of not taking anything for granted.  I loved every single moment of the wedding, from the time her husband-to-be asked for our blessing, to the planning to the day itself. 

Mike and I watching the marriage of our eldest daughter.
Paula and her Dad - I was so proud.







1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration to many Teresa. Great to see and hear what you've been up to. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! How exciting for you all! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete